Monday, December 15, 2008

A SEMESTER OF ALERNATIVE GRAFITTI //






this semester was an exploration in to my future as an artist. it allowed for me to follow through using what i already based my work on. wood. paint. stencils. assembling. i tried to think of different ways to express the nature of grafitti. my intention was to leave a mark on the sites i visited without physically scarring the buildings and objects around.
the idea of it all grew as i presented each separate project.
the final idea that i will go with is not totally refined in to what will become my personal trademark, but it is close.
with exception of the first attempt, the final two of the three presentations were assembled at the site, allowing it to take a more natural home where it was placed.


VAN HOLMGREN

No comments: