Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Umm yeah...

Most of you have probably figured out that I haven't been attending class, I am sorry but I have been ill and I had to take a medical leave of absence. Sorry to my sound project buddies. I am working on a blog about what is going on with me and about my illnesses. I will post a link within a couple days for it.

As for my post, this group isn't about sound so much but about performance and activist work/art. The group is Food Not Bombs. It's more of a movement than a group because each group is autonomous and independent. But the philosophy is take waste (food that is unsellable[like food that has cosmetic issues] but is still fine to consume.) With the food, a group takes it and cooks it for people that are hungry (not poor but to anyone who is hungry). It's kind of like a anarchist soup kitchen. The most famous group is San Francisco Food Not Bombs because that is were this all started. I have been a part of Twin Cities (I help them restart a couple years ago), Des Moines, and Omaha Food Not Bombs. Actually Food Not Bombs is one of the few activist movements that I still support from my activist days. Visit the webpage, they can explain is more than I can. www.foodnotbombs.net/

No comments: