Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Intermedia 2 sound project

Sorry i missed class the other day guys. Anyway, i am working solo on this sound project. I have always been fascinated by sensory memory. The sounds, tastes, textures, sights and smells that instantly trigger embedded memories and feelings. I am going to use a very violent sound looped for my project. Breaking glass. The sound makes a multitude of memories jump out of my head. The disconfiguration and distruction of a fragile and elegant material can sometimes be violent or visciral. I want to create almost a wind chime effect. we shal see.

Also, i think everyone should check out thomas campbel's work online. He is an instalation artist, a musician and a label executive, but i am most interested in his little studio worlds. Just check him out through google.

No comments: